[CnD] cooking bacon

Nicole Massey nyyki at gypsyheir.com
Sun Jun 12 19:48:02 CEST 2016

I'd use it for any meat I wanted to cook on the grill. You set it in the pan or on the grill, and heat both of them up. Then you lift up the press, place the meat in the pan, and put the press on top.
I used ones with little spiked teeth on them working at a fast food restaurant a while back, and we used them for both the bacon and for burgers. When we used them for bacon we had the bacon on sheets of wax paper, and we'd drop a single sheet on the grill and then place a couple of grill presses on them. It cooked pretty fast, and I remember lots of mornings when I spent a good chunk of time preparing bacon for the morning breakfast rush this way. But the grill press made a huge difference in cooking time, and it also helped to avoid both shrinkage and curling.