[CnD] knives and cutting - Re: My thoughts on Recipes on the List

Charles Rivard wee1sman at fidnet.com
Tue Jul 19 23:52:08 CEST 2016

You mentioned that some people suggest using knives that are not as sharp to
prevent blind people from cutting themselves??  Actually, the opposite is
true.  If you use a sharp knife, it will more easily cut the desired
material.  Because less pressure is needed to make the cut, there is less of
a chance of the knife cutting undesired material such as fingers, because
the knife will not be forced to do work, and will not slip away from the
desired track.

The same is true for a power saw.  If it must be forced due to dullness, it
will more likely kick back..