[CnD] eggless chocolatecake

Jeanne Fike jfike636 at charter.net
Fri Jul 22 04:03:31 CEST 2016

Hi,

Here’s the chocolate cake recipe Susan requested. (I sent it to her
privately and she thought everyone would like it.) It’s actual name is
double chocolate cake (you can omit chips if wish) I would advise checking
after about 25 minutes for doneness.  It also has variations which I have
included. See below my name.

      Jeanne

Betty Crocker double chocolate cake
1 2/3  cups all purpose flour  Note: Do not use self rising flour in this
recipe.
1 cup packed brown sugar or granulated sugar
¼ cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vinegar
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt with fork in an
ungreased square pan, 8 by 8 by 2 inches. Mix in remaining ingredients
except chocolate chips. Sprinkle chocolate chips over batter.

Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.

Note: Cake can be mixed in a bowl if desired.

Chocolate Cherry Cake

Omit water and chocolate chips. Stir 1/3 cup chopped almonds into flour
mixture. Mix ¾ cup water and ¼ cup maraschino cherry syrup. Stir in syrup
mixture and ¼ cup chopped maraschino cherries with the remaining
ingredients.

Chocolate Spice Cake

Stir 1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice into flour mixture.

Chocolate Walnut Cake

Omit cocoa and vanilla if desired. Substitute 1/3 cup miniature chocolate
chips and 1/3 cup chopped walnuts for the ½ cup chocolate chips. Sprinkle
over batter.

Maple Nut Cake

Omit cocoa, vanilla and chocolate chips. Stir ½ cup chopped nuts into flour
mixture. Stir in ½ teaspoon maple extract with the remaining ingredients.

Oatmeal Molasses Cake

Omit cocoa, vanilla and chocolate chips. Stir ¾  cup quick cooking oats, ½
cup raisins and 1 teaspoon allspice into flour mixture. Stir in 2
tablespoons dark molasses with the remaining ingredients.

Pumpkin Cake

Omit cocoa, vanilla and chocolate chips. Stir 1 teaspoon ground allspice
into flour mixture. Decrease water to ½ cup. Stir in ½ cup canned pumpkin
pie mix with the remaining ingredients.