[CnD] Question: how do you cook and flip pancakes?

olb at rogers.com olb at rogers.com
Sat Jul 23 21:17:24 CEST 2016

Now you're talking about how I flip pancakes or eggs/omelettes.

Instead of a fork, I use a wooden spoon, turned so that the spoon side acts
like a holder and a guide to keep your pancake/egg centred.

Gently but firmly hold the spoon in your left hand (if you are right handed)
against the left edge of the pancake while you centre your spatula
underneath with your right hand holding the utensil.

Then lift and flip using wrist action.

Using the wooden spoon rather than the fork ensures hold and stability
without damage with the tines.

CB:  The Old Leather Bat