[CnD] Slow Cooker Brownie Bread Pudding

John McConnell djmcconnell4753 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 24 08:39:43 CEST 2016

Hello Naima:
That is a good recipe!
Regards,

John McConnell

-----Original Message-----
From: Naima Leigh via Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark at acbradio.org]
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2016 8:37 PM
To: cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
Cc: Naima Leigh <nleigh2016 at gmail.com>
Subject: [CnD] Slow Cooker Brownie Bread Pudding

Slow Cooker Brownie Bread Pudding

David's Notes:

I love an easy bread pudding recipe, and this one would go perfectly with my eggnog ice cream!

Serves 8-10

Ingredients:

2 lbs. store-bought brownie bites, halved

1 cup walnut pieces, toasted

2 (12-oz) cans evaporated milk

1/2 cup sugar

2-1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

8 oz. semi sweet baking chocolate, chopped

8 egg yolks

Preparation:

1.       Spread half of the brownie bites in an even layer on the bottom of
a slow cooker. Evenly spread half of the walnuts on top of the brownie bites. Add the rest of the brownie bites and the walnuts.

2.       Add the evaporated milk, sugar, cinnamon, and espresso powder to a
medium-sized saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a simmer. Add the chocolate and whisk until the mixture is melted and smooth.

3.       Place the egg yolks into a bowl. Whisk about 1 cup of the heated
milk mixture into the egg yolks. Then in a slow stream, add the egg mixture to the milk, mixing the milk mixture constantly. Pour the entire mixture into the slow cooker, pressing down the brownies so there covered by the milk mixture.

4.       Cover, set the slow cooker to high, and cook for 1 hour and 45
minutes. Serve warm.