[CnD] McDonald's Chicken Nuggets
nleigh2016 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 21:43:25 CEST 2016
McDonald's Chicken Nuggets
2 lbs. chicken (1 lb. white meat plus 1 lb. dark meat)
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon of oregano
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup of flour plus 1 teaspoon of salt
1.5 cups of oil for frying (I used Corn Oil)
1. Heat oil in a heavy-duty skillet (like a cast iron skillet) on
medium-high heat while preparing the chicken nuggets - it should be ready to
work with once half of your nuggets are ready to go in.
2. Cube chicken and place into a food processor. Add parsley, oregano,
pepper, 1 teaspoon salt and combine well. Blend chicken until it all has
been taken apart and is a fine paste.
3. Combine 1 teaspoon salt and flour on a plate and have your beaten
eggs in a small bowl ready to work with.
4. Roll the chicken paste mixture into approximately ping-pong
ball-sized balls (smaller than a golf ball).
5. Roll ball a "chicken ball" in flour, then in egg, and then in flour
again. Then, press the ball down to make a nugget. Set nugget aside.
6. Sprinkle the hot oil with some flour and if it bubbles really
quickly right away, your oil is ready for frying. Place as many nuggets as
possible in the oil, and fry until the bottoms are golden, turn and fry
until the other side is golden. Will take about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove
to a towel-lined plate (to catch any excess oil).
More information about the Cookinginthedark