[CnD] Mexican chicken and rice. Help>

Kimsan kimsansong at outlook.com
Fri Aug 5 06:56:11 CEST 2016

Hi,

Below I would like to make again. The reason why is because the last time I
made it, the rice came out hard and it took longer to cook vs what it said
below.

I actually have instant rice now so here is my question.  When cooking it,
via stove or oven should the rice be cooked even though the recipe states to
place uncooked rice.  I ask as I’m assuming the rice will burn?  Should I
cook the rice first then just poor it over the chicken broth and the
chicken?

4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb.)

3/4 cup TACO BELL® Thick & Chunky Salsa )found at your local market) You can
also use any salsa of your choice.

1-1/4 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth

2 cups instant white rice, uncooked

1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Make It

Place chicken in large skillet sprayed with cooking spray; top with salsa.

Pour broth around chicken in skillet. Bring to boil on medium-high heat;
cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 10 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF).

Stir in rice; sprinkle with cheese.

Simmer, covered, on low heat 5 min.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong at outlook.com