[CnD] ranch dressing

Courtney Fulghum Smith cmfulghum at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 00:07:34 CEST 2016

> Below is the recipe I use to make my own Ranch seasoning mix. You can
> substitute powdered milk in place of the dry buttermilk.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Courtney

~~~~~~~~~~

 HOMEMADE RANCH SEASONING MIX
from www.gimmesomeoven.com

INGREDIENTS:

1/3 cup dry buttermilk (**see note below**)
2 Tbsp. dried parsley
1 1/2 tsp. dried dill weed
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. dried onion flakes
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. dried chives
1 tsp. salt
DIRECTIONS:

Whisk all ingredients together until blended. If you want a more
finely-ground seasoning mix, you can pulse the mixture in a food processor
until it reaches your desired consistency.

Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.

*3 Tablespoons of this mix = 1 packet of the store-bought seasoning mix

**TO MAKE RANCH DRESSING:

Combine 1 Tbsp. seasoning mix with 1/3 cup mayo and 1/3 cup milk, and whisk
to combine. You can also substitute Greek yogurt for the mayo.

**You can omit the buttermilk powder if you would like to use fresh
buttermilk, or if you would just like the straight spices for the seasoning
mix.**