[CnD] Harvest Party Recipes: Edible Party Popcorn Bowl
nleigh2016 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 18:28:30 CEST 2016
Harvest Party Recipes: Edible Popcorn Party Bowl
This is a fun project to make with the kids, it has great party presentation
- and you can eat, too!
10 cups popped popcorn
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup water
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
10 drops food color (optional)
1. Spray the inside of a large, stainless steel bowl with cooking
spray and the outside of a second stainless steel bowl; set aside.
2. These two bowls will be used to form popcorn bowl at end of cooking
time. (Note: if one bowl is smaller than the other, spray the outside of the
3. Spray a third large bowl with cooking spray and place popped
popcorn inside; set aside.
4. Stir sugar, water, corn syrup, vinegar and salt together in a
5. Bring mixture to a boil, cover, and boil for 3 minutes to allow
steam to wash down sides of pan. Remove lid and attach candy thermometer to
6. Allow mixture to boil, without stirring, until mixture reaches 290
degrees F (145 degrees C(. Stir in food color, if desired.
7. Working quickly, pour syrup over popcorn and toss with a large
spoon until popcorn is thoroughly coated.
8. Pour popcorn into first prepared bowl and use a spoon to push
mixture evenly up onto sides of bowl.
9. Firmly press second prepared bowl onto popcorn to form popcorn
bowl. Allow popcorn bowl to cool completely between stainless steel bowls.
10. To serve, tip popcorn bowl out and place on platter.
11. Fill with popcorn to serve.
More information about the Cookinginthedark