[CnD] HOMEMADE ALMOND BUTTER

Sugar sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 5 12:10:22 CEST 2016

HOMEMADE ALMOND BUTTER
Makes about 3/4 cup

While almond butter can be made from raw nuts, roasting the nuts just prior
to making the butter considerably enhances both flavor and aroma.

To roast the almonds, spread them in a thin layer on a baking sheet at 300
degrees F for about 20 minutes. Stir a couple of times to assure even
roasting.

1 cup roasted almonds
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon unrefined vegetable oil

Combine the almonds and salt in a food processor, blender, meat grinder or
nut butter machine and process until the nuts are finely ground. Add the oil
and continue processing until the almond butter reaches your desired degree
of smoothness, adding more oil if necessary. For chunky butter, stir in 1/4
cup chopped almonds. Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.

Variations:
Substitute Brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts or macadamia nuts for the
almonds. Or combine two or more of these nuts in any proportion.

I don't always roast them and I use raw, organic, unrefined coconut oil
It still comes out great
If we could look into each other's hearts and understand the unique
challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more
gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.
Marvin J. Ashton
-Sugar