[CnD] JJ's Kale Chips with Cumin & Sea Salt

Sugar sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 5 19:38:18 CEST 2016

JJ’s Kale Chips with Cumin & Sea Salt

The Virgin Diet Cookbook, Grand Central 2014

Makes 2-4 servings

1 bunch kale, about 1 pound,
washed and thoroughly dried

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

1/4 teaspoon sea salt

1/8  teaspoon chipotle pepper

Preheat the oven to325°F

Tear kale into 1 1/2-inch pieces. In a large bowl with the oil, gently
rubbing leaves with
fingers to help spread the oil evenly. Add the cumin, salt, and chipotle
pepper and toss well.

Arrange kale in a single layer on large baking sheets. Bake one batch at a
time turning
leaves once until crisp 16-18 minutes. Repeat with second batch. Allow kale
chips to cool in
the pan. Serve immediately or store in a covered container

If we could look into each other's hearts and understand the unique
challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more
gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.
Marvin J. Ashton
-Sugar