[CnD] The Michelada Recipe

Sugar sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 7 14:17:36 CEST 2016

The Michelada Recipe

This is one of my Daniel's favorite beers. He likes his with Modelo dark
beer

Think of the Michelada cocktail as tasting like a Mexican bloody Mary. The
ingredients include tomato juice, Mexican beer, and lots of spices and
seasonings. Because it's only made with beer, it doesn't have a high alcohol
content (but please drink responsibly!). A good Mexican lager is best in
this recipe but you can use other beer in a pinch.

ingredients
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 lime wedge
2 ounces tomato juice
1 ounce fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
2 dashes Maggi seasoning
1 bottle (12 ounce size) Mexican lager
1 pickled jalapeno or lime wedge, to garnish
directions
Combine salt and chili powder in a small dish; set aside.

Run 1 lime wedge around the rim of a tall beer glass or highball. Dip rim
into salt mixture.

Add remaining ingredients to the glass and stir gently to combine (can serve
over ice if desired). Garnish with pickled jalapeno or lime wedge to serve.

If we could look into each other's hearts and understand the unique
challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more
gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.
Marvin J. Ashton
-Sugar