[CnD] Bacon Hot Dogs:

Brenda Mueller brendin at smart2.net
Sat Sep 24 19:16:45 CEST 2016

Did someone say there were no recipes for Bacon Hot Dogs? Be ware; that is only so far as that person knows.  Years ago back in the 70's in cooking class we made what the teacher called bacon hot dogs.

First we took wieners and made a slit down the length of the wieners being careful not to cut all the way through, but coming very close.

Next we took American cheese slices and broke them into slices that would fit in those slits in the wieners.

after the cheese was in place, we took a slice of uncooked bacon for each wiener and wrapped each with a slice of bacon.

After that we opened one of those containers of Hungry Jack Butter Milk biscuits, the kind from the refrigerated section, separated the biscuits and made them into strips for each wiener.  We wrapped the bacon cheese wieners with a strip encasing the wieners completely.

Then we baked them in the oven.  The problem is I don't remember the exact temperature or time.

If I try it any time soon, I'll try it at 375 for about 20 minutes to see what happens.  So recipes for bacon hot dogs certainly exist, because I remember working with this one all those years ago.  The cookbook we had in that class was Cooking Without Looking.  Too bad I don't have access to that book to see if that recipe for that bacon hot dog came from there.

Now we have a first: a cooking mystery that I just posted on this forum.

Brenda Mueller

Sent from my iPhone