[CnD] Blood-Orange Madras (And Mocktail)

Naima Leigh nleigh2016 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 21:18:59 CEST 2016

BLOOD-ORANGE MADRAS (AND MOCKTAIL)

Kix Story:  This drink is like a Tequila Sunrise minus the grenadine syrup.
I prefer the Madras because it calls for cranberry juice, which I like
because it's less sweet than grenadine. Both the blood orange and the
cranberry juice are full of vitamin C, and the cranberry juice is also a
good source of vitamins E and K. So I say take your vitamins!

The blood orange may have originated in China or the Southern Mediterranean,
where they have been growing since the eighteenth century. They are now the
primary orange variety grown in Italy. They're famous for their crimson
colored flesh.

Ingredients:

Ice

One part tequila

One part unsweetened cranberry juice

One part blood orange juice

Splash of soda water (optional)

Orange slices

Maraschino cherries

Instructions:

Fill a Collins or hurricane glass all the way full with ice. Pour the
tequila over the ice. Then pour in the juices, one at a time. Top with a
splash of soda water if you want to give it some fix. Garnish with an orange
slice and maraschino cherries. For a mocktail, just leave out the tequila.