[CnD] Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers (Was: Fish places/ stuffed peppers)

Nicole Massey nyyki at gypsyheir.com
Fri Nov 25 11:08:10 CET 2016

Here's the crock pot stuffed peppers recipe I use. It's blind friendly, turns out great, and isn't that hard to make.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: Crockpot Stuffed Peppers
 Categories: Beef, Crock pot, Vegetables
      Yield: 8 Servings

       5    Green Bell peppers
       1 lb Lean ground beef
     2/3 c  Soft fine breadcrumbs or rice
       1    Egg, beaten
       ½ ts Salt
       ½ ts Oregano
       ¼ ts Garlic powder
       ¼ c  Milk
       1 ts Fennel seed, crushed
       32 oz Spaghetti sauce

  Wash peppers and halve lengthwise, cleaning out seeds, and set aside.
  Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, seasonings and milk into a
  meatloaf-like mixture.  Pack into pepper halves.  Place in crockpot,
  stacking peppers in layers. Pour spaghetti sauce over top. Cook in
  crockpot on high four four hours, or on low from 6 to 8 hours. Serves
  6-8.

Notes: I don't use the fennel seed. I've used other things, like creole seasoning or taco seasoning. A dash of hot sauce in each one will give them an extra kick.
MMMMM