[CnD] Salmon burger patties

Brenda Mueller brendin at smart2.net
Sun Dec 4 16:34:15 EST 2016

When I was growing up we had salmon patties served as part of a meal.  They were fried with a breading made from cracker crumbs and egg.

When I made salmon patties, I bought that salmon that comes in a can like a tunafish can.  I drained the liquid and made my patties.  I cracked an egg into a small bowl and crumbled and mixed egg and cracker until I got the consistency I wanted.  How thick the breading is, is a matter of personal preference.  I melted butter in a frying pan, coated my patties with my cracker crumb and egg mixture and fried them.  I flipped after a minute or two.  It depended on my nose and the patty.  I tend to fry patties one at a time.

Back home, Mom served salmon patties with diced fried potatoes and creamed corn.  We just salted the patties to taste.  Hope this helps.  I got about four patties from a can of salmon.

Brenda Mueller

Sent from my iPhone