[CnD] An Efficient Way to Cook Bacon

Deborah Barnes misslady0971 at att.net
Thu Feb 16 10:23:24 EST 2017

Ugh!  I hate jumping oil!

Well, for starters, I'd cook it on low once it got warmed up some.  I rarely cook bacon as my breakfast cook is much better at it than I am.  He sprays his pan and cooks it on low.  He says he usually doesn't have a problem with "jumping" grease unless it's on high.  Also, you can know it's getting done if it starts talking to you.  <g<

Something I used to do when I was alone and wanted bacon is that I would put a lid on it  when it got to snapping.  Back then, I'd even turn the burner off and investigate.  But you have to understand:  I was petrified of fire and really careful back then.

More than you wanted to know I'm sure.

Deb B.