[CnD] Cincinnati chilli
gbobo at woh.rr.com
Thu Mar 16 05:26:49 EDT 2017
This was copied from a previous email but I can't find the original email because I copied it to a document. Sorry to whoever originally sent it out.
1 large onion, chopped
1 pound extra-lean ground beef
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon red (cayenne) pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder or 1/2 ounce grated unsweetened chocolate
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 (16-ounce) package uncooked dried spaghetti pasta
1. In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, saute onion, ground beef, garlic, and chili powder until ground beef is slightly cooked.
Drain off excess grease.
2. Add allspice, cinnamon, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, unsweetened cocoa or chocolate, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar, and water.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered,
1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
4. Cook spaghetti according to package directions and transfer onto individual serving plates (small oval plates are traditional).
5. Ladle chili over spaghetti and serve with toppings of your choice, Parmesan Cheese, etc..
Note: Oyster crackers are served in a separate container on the side.
Ps. You can also look up Gold Star and Skyline Chili which are two restaurants that specialize in Cincinnati chili
From: Blaine Deutscher via Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark at acbradio.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 3:49 AM
To: cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
Cc: Blaine Deutscher <b.deutscher at telus.net>
Subject: [CnD] Cincinnati chilli
I was recently watching a YouTube video and where someone mentioned for dinner having Cincinnati chili. Apparently, it has nutmeg in it. Does anyone have a recipe for Cincinnati chili? You apparently serve it over noodles.
Sent from my iPhone
Cookinginthedark mailing list
Cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
More information about the Cookinginthedark