[CnD] roast almonds

Sugar lopez sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 17 17:06:10 EDT 2017

I would say about 20 minutes depending on your oven:
Honey Roasted Almonds

2 c. whole almonds, skins on
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. water
2 tsp. almond or vegetable oil

Spread the almonds in a single layer in a shallow ungreased baking pan and place in a cold oven. Bake at 350 degrees, stirring occasionally, until the internal color of nuts is tan (12 to 15 minutes). Remove from oven and set aside. Thoroughly mix the sugar and salt. Stir together the honey, water and oil in a medium size pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the roasted almonds and continue to cook and stir until all the liquid has been absorbed by the nuts (about 5 minutes). Immediately transfer to a medium bowl and sprinkle sugar mixture over all and toss. Spread on wax paper and cool.

“Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my
trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life” (
Psalm 143:8).
-Sugar