[CnD] Irish butter

Sugar lopez sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 18 20:57:50 EDT 2017

2 Irish Butter:

3 cups (40% butterfat) cream
1/2 - 1 teaspoon sea salt

Churn in a butter churn or shake in a large ice cold jar for about 15 minutes. (You can use an ice cream machine or a hand mixer too). Strain this thick mixture into a cheese cloth covered bowl to separate the butterfat from the whey. then pour off the buttermilk-whey and drink it or save it for a recipe.

Knead the butter until the color darkens and the liquid comes out of it. At this point you can add sea salt if you like... to taste... 1/2 tsp or more if you like.

*** Irish butter is richer than American butter. American butter is only 30% - 35% butter fat.

You can find Irish butter in some stores.

I'm in my own little world, but thats ok everybody knows me here
Sugar