[CnD] Chicken Gyros
cookinginthedark at att.net
Tue Jun 27 08:13:54 EDT 2017
Yield: 4 servings
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt or light sour cream
- 3/4 cup peeled, seeded, finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
Rest of ingredients:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 whole-wheat or oat-bran pita pockets (6-inch rounds), cut in half
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce
- 2 medium-small plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 slices red onion, separated into rings
Combine all of the sauce ingredients and stir to mix well. Cover and
refrigerate until ready to use.
Combine the chicken, lemon pepper, oregano, and garlic powder in a
medium bowl and toss to mix well. Coat a large nonstick skillet with
olive oil and preheat
over medium-high heat.
Add the chicken and stir-fry for several minutes, until nicely browned
and no longer pink inside. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
To heat the pita pockets, place them on a microwave-safe plate. Cover
with a damp paper towel and microwave on high power for about 45
seconds. If heating
only one pita at a time, microwave for only 15 seconds.
To assemble the sandwiches, line each pita half with a lettuce leaf, add
some of the chicken, tomatoes, onion slices, and sauce. Serve hot.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories: 346 ; Protein: 36 g ; Fat: 6.4 g ;
Sodium: 544 mg; Cholesterol: 69 mg ;
Dietary Fiber: 5.4 g ; Carbohydrates: 40 g
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 3 Very Lean Meat, 1 Vegetable, 1/4 Low-Fat Milk, 1 Fat
More information about the Cookinginthedark