[CnD] Soft Oatmeal Cookies

gail johnson mama-gail at mysero.net
Thu Jul 6 09:34:23 EDT 2017

Soft Oatmeal Cookies

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
pinch seasalt
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
1 stick butter
1/4 cup oil
1 cup brown sugar
6 Tbsp. yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
(I didn't have any vanilla extract so I substituted an individual cup
of apple sauce)
1 tsp. chia seeds(optional)
2 beaten eggs
3 cups old fashion oats
1 cup nuts your choice
1 cup raisins or other dried fruit
method:
1. Mix together flour through pumpkin pie spice in a medium  bowl and
set aside.
2. In  a large  bowl blend the butter through yogurt.
3. Add the vanilla, eggs, and chia seeds. (I like to include chia seeds
in liquid ingredients so they will soften.)
4. Add flour mixture. Encorporate the flour do not overmix.
5. In the bowl which held the flour measure out the oats, dried fruit,
and nuts. (If using whole nuts break them up into bite size pieces)
6. Pour the butter mixture over the oats. Mix with your hands. I found
I had to let it sit for 10 minutes so the liquid ingredients would
stick to the oats.
7. Drop by tablespoons on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at
dg350F for 10 minutes.