[CnD] How Do You Know When Something is Simmering?

gail johnson mama-gail at mysero.net
Sat Jul 8 06:21:30 EDT 2017

Hi Dani,
I think you can cook these beans together. Put them in a pot  large
enough to cover them with 2 quarts of water. I usually cook them on
medium for approximately 2 hours. I usually add 1/4 cup of oil it seems
to keep them from sticking to the pot. I can't speak for anyone else
but I have found it necessary to stir every half an hour. Check for
water level the beans need to always be covered with liquid. I hope this helps.
I do admitt now beans are mostly cooked in the crockpot.