[CnD] How Do You Know When Something is Simmering?

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sat Jul 8 10:27:58 EDT 2017

Hi Dani,

Once the water comes to a boil, reduce the flame to a very low one, and let your pot continue cooking for the designated length of time or tenderness. I think it will help if you keep your cooking pot covered with a good lid. The lid will help lock in the moisture and the flavors of your food. This is not to say, that you don’t have to continue monitoring it, stirring,  and perhaps adding extra liquid if necessary. . A lid can also help with cutting down on the length of cooking time required. Although beans take a long time.

As for putting all three types of beans in one pot, I think that’s fine unless the recipe has specifically directed you to do it differently for some reason.

Good luck.

Eileen