[CnD] How Do You Know When Something is Simmering?

Deborah Barnes misslady0971 at att.net
Sat Jul 8 11:06:54 EDT 2017

Hi Dani,

Well, when the water is barely simmering, I can usually hear just a little sound; it doesn't sound like a true boil, but it's not like there's no activity.  But it's hard for me to hear unless it's really quiet.  Plus there's some steam coming up that you can feel if your hand is above the pot a little, but it's not bunches of steam like when there's a real high boil.

Not sure this helps any, but that's my take on it.  As I rarely cook these days, I had to reach way back in my memory to remember my nonvisual cues.  <g<

Deb B.