[CnD] Broiled Zucchini with Lemon, Basil, and Hot Pepper
cookinginthedark at att.net
Sun Jul 23 18:08:57 EDT 2017
Broiled Zucchini with Lemon, Basil, and Hot Pepper
list of 7 items
• 1 pound (4 medium or 3 large) zucchini
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• Juice of 1 large lemon
• 1 Tablespoon slivered fresh basil leaves (about 12 large leaves)
list of 3 items
1. Slice the zucchini on the diagonal so that you have longish oval
slices about 1/4 inch thick. Slat and place in a colander and let sit 30
and pat dry.
2. Preheat the broiler and place the zucchini on an oiled baking sheet.
Brush with the olive oil. Grill about 10 inches from the heat source for
7 to 12
minutes, until still bright green around the edges and just barely
beginning to brown on top.
3. Remove from the heat and transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with
the hot pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Chill until shortly
Just before serving, toss with the lemon juice and sprinkle on the basil.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories: 33 ; Protein: 1 g ; Fat: 2 g ; Sodium: 2 mg;
Cholesterol: 0 mg ; Carbohydrates: 3 g
Source: Mediterranean Light
Keep On Cooking
Cooking In The Dark
More information about the Cookinginthedark