[CnD] Dale's Peach Crisp was: peaches

Food Dude cookinginthedark at att.net
Sun Jul 23 18:39:52 EDT 2017

Dale's Peach Crisp
My Peach crisp is quite easy...
Remember being a guy, if it takes longer to make it than it does to eat
it, it better be damn good...or be coming off a smoker! ha ha

you will need
one Duncan Hines blueberry muffin mix, or any other that includes that
little can of blueberries
1 cup of butter, soften
6 to 8 cups sliced fresh peaches
directions (I use 4 cans of sliced peaches, drained, if fresh are not
available)
Directions:
Preheat Oven to 325 degrees F

Drain the blueberries. I do this by dumping the can of blueberries into
my awesome little collapsible berry colander ((available at
BlindMiceMart.com) and letting the water in my sink run over them
In a bowl, add the dry muffin mix and cut with the 2 sticks of
butter...yes, 2 sticks of butter is one cup...
I start with 2 knives and end up finishing with my impeccably clean
hands... a pastry blender works nicely too...but I like my hands the best!
It will be a crumbly mixture.  Set aside
In a second bowl,
combine the peach slices and blueberries.
Fold together gently to combine
Spray a 9 x 13 or 8 x 12 cake pan with veggie spray.
Add the peach / blueberry mixture and spread out evenly in the pan.
Sprinkle the dry muffin mixture with butter over the peaches and do your
best to make it even being sure to cover all the peaches.
Bake at 325 degrees F for about 20 to 25 minutes, until the top is crisp
to the touch...of course it will be a nice golden brown!
I serve mine in a bowl with a scoop of Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream on it...
Of course, my serving gets two scoops of Ice Cream because I am special!
(grin)
It pays to be the cook, right?
Enjoy,
Dale "Food Dude" Campbell