[CnD] Stuffed Peppers Recipe.

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Fri Aug 4 11:38:55 EDT 2017

Hi,

I’m going through papers in my office and trying to organize. In the process I came across a leaflet I got years ago from a Diabetes group. It must have originally been published by Quaker Oats since all the recipes use their products. Anyway, as I put them into electronic format I’ll share them for those who might be interested. I think I made this one a long time ago. Here it is:

Enjoy.

Eileen --

THE FIBER FACTOR
STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS

Makes 12 servings.

Ingredients-
SAUCE:
1-1/4 Cup water.
1 Cup tomato juice.
1, 6 OZ. Can tomato paste.
½ TSP Oregano leaves, crushed.
½ TSP Basil leaves, crushed.

FILLING:
6 Medium to Large Green Peppers, cut in half and cleaned.
1 Lb. Lean Ground Beef.
1 Cup tomato juice.
1-1/2 Cups Quaker Oat Bran cereal (uncooked), or Quaker Oats (uncooked).
1 medium Tomato, chopped.
¼ Cup Carrot, chopped.
¼ Cup Onion, chopped.

½ TSP Oregano leaves, chopped.
¼ TSP Garlic powder.

Preparation:

Lightly grease 9-13 inch baking dish with 1-2 TBS Olive Oil.
Cut Peppers in half lengthwise. Remove membrane and all seeds from peppers.

SAUCE;
In a medium sauce pan, combine all ingredients. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.

Filling;
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix well. Fill each green pepper half with about ½ cup of the meat mixture. Place in a 13 inch X 9 inch baking dish. Pour the sauce over the peppers.
Bake 45 to 50 minutes.