[CnD] chocolate chip cookie

Gary Ray gary.hubert.ray at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 09:02:53 EDT 2017

Gary Ray here.

Below is my "Famous" Cookie recipe.  Well, actually, I expect I stole it, but cannot remember who I stole it from!

Gary Ray’s Famous Cookie Recipe

1/2 cup butter
 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
 3/4 cup self-rising flour
 1 tsp. vanilla
 1 egg
 1 cup Quaker oats (uncooked)
 1 6-oz. package semi-sweet chocolate pieces

optional: add raisins, walnuts, pecans, and extra chocolate

Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Beat egg and add. Sift flour and add to creamed mixture. Mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate pieces.
Drop rounded teaspoons on well-greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.