[CnD] Another Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Michael Baldwin mbaldwin577 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 11:40:30 EDT 2017

Here is the recipe I use. My daughter used it and got a purple ribbon,
which is the best, at our fair for 4H.
Cookie is thin, crispy on the edges, and soft and chewy in the middle.
In the recipe I use butter flavored Crisco because my son has a
sensitivity to dairy products. I have used real butter and margarine,
and each product does change the consistency of the cookie a bit.

  Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter flavored Crisco
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp coarse salt
2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream together butter and sugars.
Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
Add vanilla extract.
Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
Combine wet and dry ingredients.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Spoon onto parchment-lined baking sheets, placing cookies about 2 inches
apart.
Bake 10 - 12 minutes.