[CnD] Cooking bacon

Lori Castner loralee.castner at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 31 11:13:57 EDT 2017

I guess I'm in a definite minority; I have always cooked bacon in an electric frying pan. I just spread the bacon out in a cold pan and then heat the pan to around 320 degrees. I let the bacon cook for a few minutes then stir the slices around. They are no longer flat, but I try to flatten them and feel the tops with my fingers to know if they are getting crisp.
That being said, I'm tempted to try the oven method. Will I need to use a rimmed baking sheet such as a jelly roll pan? I have never heard of a nonstick rack; would the pieces stick to a regular rack?

Lori C.