[CnD] Middle Eastern Chicken Breast

Nicole Massey nyyki at gypsyheir.com
Sun Sep 17 22:15:57 EDT 2017

So, we've been grilling a lot, because one of our neighbors curbed an almost
new charcoal grill for bulk pickup. (he also let folks know it was there to
be grabbed) By mixing multiple recipes and working what I liked from them I
came up with this one.
Start with a half a teaspoon of coriander seeds. Put them in a small brown
paper bag, fold it flat, and roll them with a heavy rolling pin to crush
them. Pour them into a half gallon zipper style bag. Do the same crushing
with a half a teaspoon of cumin seed. Add in a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon,
a teaspoon and a half of kosher salt, and around a cup of crushed garlic.
Zipper and mix well to distribute the spices through the garlic. Put four
thawed chicken breasts into the bag, squeeze things around, and then put the
bag in the fridge for a few hours to marinade.
Fire up the grill. (either charcoal or gas will do) grill the chicken until
done.
Note: it's useful to have a sharp implement to keep other family members
from stealing all of them before you get one yourself, as the smell is
enough to make folks contemplate food theft. These go great with the Greek
Roasted Potatoes recipe I posted here a few years back.