[CnD] Ground turkey

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Mon Oct 2 10:27:59 EDT 2017

Hi Deb,

No. I only use the ketchup sometimes for a little extra moisture when I think they need it. Its not like they have a strong tomato base/flavor. The ketchup just adds a little tang to them ... its not swimming in ketchup. I suppose you could add tomato sauce if you had it on-hand, but I would not open a large jar of sauce just for this recipe. Usually I have a bottle of ketchup in the fridge and it works well. Also, I think of ketchup as being a thicker consistency than sauce.

Use what works for you, but don’t pour in a lot of it. Add it in slowly. The way I make these its a moist meat-loaf like mixture.  Its not like I’m making a maranara sauce. . If you use the sauce let me know how it turns out.

Eileen