[CnD] Canning funnel vs. regular funnel

Penny Reeder penny.reeder at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 10:33:10 EDT 2017

Hi Marilyn, I'm so glad you are still enjoying the stuffed cabbage and
other recipes. Thanks so much for your kind message.

So I don't get into list trouble for posting only a thank-you message,
I'll include a recipe I made a couple of weeks ago. It's a crock
pot/slow-cooker recipe for chicken mole, and we really enjoyed it!

Thanks again, and happy cooking!
Penny

Crock Pot Chicken Mole
>From Martha:
4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 12)
 Coarse salt
 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes
 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
2 dried ancho chiles, stemmed
1 large chipotle chile in adobo sauce
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/4 cup raisins
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (1/2 cup) -- NOTE: I
used Mexican chocolate rather than American-style bittersweet, it's
made by Goya and is available in most grocery stores that have an
international aisle, or via Amazon.com of course!
3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Fresh cilantro leaves, for serving

Directions
1. Season chicken thighs with salt and place in a 5-to-6-quart slow
cooker. NOTE: I browned the chicken thighs in hot olive oil first. In
a blender, puree tomatoes, onion, ancho and chipotle chiles,
almonds, raisins, chocolate, garlic, oil, cumin, and cinnamon until
smooth.
2. Add tomato mixture to slow cooker, cover, and cook on high until
chicken is tender, 4 hours  (or 8 hours on low). Serve chicken and sauce
topped with cilantro.

We served with rice. This recipe makes a lot of sauce. There was only
a little bit of chicken but still lots of sauce leftover after the
first night. I refrigerated the sauce, cooked some more chicken, and
there was plenty of sauce for a second night's dinner. You could
always freeze half the sauce and use again at a later date.

Enjoy!

On 10/16/17, Marilyn Pennington via Cookinginthedark