[CnD] (no subject)

Marilyn Pennington mar04dale at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 08:34:10 EDT 2017

I can'at remember which one I posted.  Is this it?  If not, let me know.

Coca Cola Chocolate Cake
Serves: 15-18
Source: thedomesticrebel.com

Ingredients:
For the Cake:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cubed
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 (12 oz) can Coke (do not use diet)
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract

For the Frosting:
1 (12 oz) can Coke (do not use diet)
1/2 cup butter, cubed
1/4 cup cocoa powder
4 cups powdered sugar

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 9x13" rectangular baking
pan with cooking spray; set aside.

In a medium saucepan, add in the butter, cocoa powder, and can of Coke and
bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking occasionally until smooth. While
Coke mixture melts, whisk together the granulated sugar, flour, baking soda
and salt in a large bowl until combined. Pour the melted Coke mixture into
the flour mixture and combine well.

Add in the buttermilk and gently whisk in to combine. Crack in the eggs and
stir in the vanilla, whisking until cohesive and smooth. Pour into the
prepared pan and bake for approx. 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick
inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist, not wet, crumbs.

During the last 15 minutes of the cake baking, make your frosting. In a
small saucepan, boil the second can of Coke for 12-15 minutes or until
reduced by half and thickened slightly. Whisk in the butter to melt.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Pour
in the Coke/butter mixture and whisk until smooth. If adding chopped pecans,
do so now. Pour the frosting over the still-hot cake and let set at room
temperature for about an hour before cutting into squares.