[CnD] Sour Cream Cucumbers

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Tue Oct 17 12:02:54 EDT 2017

A couple things interesting about cucumbers.  If you eat a cucumber by
itself after washing it off, it will cool you down better than water
since cucumbers maintain a temperature about 12 degrees below room
temperature.  This was a confirmed myth on the Science Channel Myth
Busters program.  Another thing about eating a cucumber by itself is you
want to eat it from the  tip end first and eat down toward the stem end
since that way you do not eat any bitter cucumber.  Curry powder is
worth adding to cucumber salad recipes since the turmerick in the curry
powder also acts as a cooling agent (translate anti-inflamatory).  If
you get a chance, buy cucumbers at farmers markets since maybe you'll
end up with varieties of cucumbers other than English Cucumbers and some
of these are quite good.  A good friend from Egypt originally grew
several varieties of Egyptian cucumbers in his garden and I tasted some
of those and they were quite good.