[CnD] Bloodshot Eyeballs Recipe
mar04dale at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 08:07:08 EDT 2017
Bloodshot Eyeballs Recipe
Keep your eyes peeled for fun with these deviled eggs full of flavor and
They make the perfect appetizer for a kids' party. Serve within two hours of
for the best 'vein' effect,.
This recipe is: Contest Winning
* 12 Servings
* Prep: 40 min. + standing
* 6 eggs
* 3 cups hot water
* 2 tablespoons red food coloring
* 1 tablespoon white vinegar
* 1/3 cup mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup chopped green onions
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
* 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
* 12 sliced ripe olives
* 1 teaspoon ketchup
* Place eggs in a single layer in a large saucepan; add enough cold
cover by 1 in. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the
and let stand for 15 minutes. Place in ice water until completely cooled.
crack eggs (do not peel).
* In a large bowl, combine 3 cups hot water, food coloring and vinegar.
(If eggs are not completely covered by colored water, add more hot water.)
for 30 minutes. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon; peel.
* Cut eggs in half widthwise. Place yolks in a small bowl; set whites
Mash yolks with a fork; stir in the mayonnaise, onions, cilantro and
* To level egg white halves, cut a small slice from the bottom of each;
on a serving platter. Pipe or stuff yolk mixture into center of whites.
olive slice on each; fill olives with ketchup. Refrigerate until serving.
is best eaten the day it is prepared. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 eyeball equals 83 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat),
108 mg. Enjoy. Marilyn
More information about the Cookinginthedark