[CnD] need a recipe please

Sugar Lopez sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 23 14:11:13 EDT 2017

Ginger Apple Pork Chops
(Linda In Tennessee)

A gingersnap-apple filling makes these stuffed pork chops a special weeknight meal.

SERVINGS: 6

CATEGORY: Main Dish

METHOD: Baked

TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.

Ingredients:
6 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
12 gingersnaps, crumbled
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups unsweetened apple juice
Directions:
Cut a pocket in each pork chop. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Cool for 5 minutes. Combine the pie filling and gingersnaps; stuff some of the mixture into the pocket of each chop. Set remaining mixture aside.
    Secure pork with toothpicks. Place in a greased 15-in. X 10-in. X 1-in. Baking pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks.
    In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and apple juice until smooth. Stir in reserved pie filling mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.

If we could look into each other's hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.
Marvin J. Ashton
-Sugar
Please support my Journey to a second chance of life at: