[CnD] turkey cooking help needed

Regina Marie reginamariemusic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 02:20:06 EDT 2017

Hey there. I like to use a cooking bag. The instructions say to flour the inside of the bad and make sur to slit it. I cook it at 300 degrees and go about 20 minutes per pound. You can raise the temperature to 350 dgs and allow for 15 minutes per pound, but I like it cooked slowly. I salt and pepper it, putting spices under the skin and inside the cavity. I add poultry seasoning as well. Any other spices that inspire you are good. I put fresh veggies in the cavity: celery, carrot, onion, bell pepper, and an apple. Granny Smith green is the best. I use a whole stick of real butter and break into small pieces and put under the skin, concentrating on the breast.

I do not use stuffing in my turkey but make dressing in a separate pan.
*smile*
Regina Marie