[CnD] CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST STRATA

Sugar Lopez sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 10 12:17:40 EST 2017

CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST STRATA
>From my family to yours; enjoy! Serves 4 to 6 people.

6 slices bread, preferably a dense Italian style loaf, cut 3/4 of an inch
thick
1 pound pork sausage
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1 ample cup shredded cheddar cheese (it's Christmas, go big with the
cheese!)
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 and 1/2 cup whole milk
3/4 cup half and half
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Dash of nutmeg
1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce

Trim crust from bread and fit it into the bottom of a 10 by 16 baking pan.
Brown sausage and drain off any excess fat. Stir mustard into sausage. Spoon
sausage evenly over bread, and sprinkle with grated cheese. Combine
remaining ingredients (eggs, milk, half and half, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and
Worchestershire sauce) and then pour over cheese and sausage.

Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes.

This can be made the day before and kept in the refrigerator. Allow extra
time for baking if it has been refrigerated.

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall
mount up with wings as eagles; They shall run, and not be weary; and They
shall

walk, and not faint." [Isaiah 40:31)

Please Support my Transplant journey at:

-God Bless you,

Sugar Lopez