[CnD] Sunny Vegetable Salad

David Pearson dpearson9 at wi.rr.com
Sun Jan 21 21:49:19 EST 2018

I'm not sure, I might have gotten this recipe
from this list some years ago. It's so popular, I
thought I would bring it out again. We go to
gatherings now and then and my wife makes this
sometimes to bring along. Every time she does
none of it is left, people will take home any
left overs. Thought someone would like to try it.

Sunny Vegetable Salad

12-16 Servings
Prep: 15 min. + chilling

Ingredients
  •      5 cups fresh broccoli florets
  •      5 cups fresh cauliflowerets
  •      2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
  •      2/3 cup chopped onion
  •      1/2 cup raisins
  •      1 cup mayonnaise
  •      1/2 cup sugar
  •      2 tablespoons cider vinegar
  •      6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
  •      1/4 cup sunflower kernels

Directions
  •      In a large salad bowl, toss the
broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, onion and raisins.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar.
Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and
refrigerate for 1 hour. Sprinkle with bacon and sunflower seeds.