[CnD] STRAWBERRY MOSCATO WINE POPS

Sugar Lopez sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 11 13:35:57 EST 2018

STRAWBERRY MOSCATO WINE POPS

Strawberries - 1 1/4 pound, washed and hulled

Water - 2 cups

Granulated sugar - 1 1/2 + 1/4 cups

Pink Moscato wine - 2 1/4 cups

Ice pop pouches (I used Zipzicle pouches) - 12 - 14

Add the strawberries and water to a blender. Puree on high until smooth. In
a medium saucepan, add the strawberry puree and 1 1/2 cups of sugar. Stir to
combine and taste. If you dig a sweeter ice pop, add the additional 1/4 cup
of sugar.

Turn heat to medium/high and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to
low and simmer until the sugar has completely dissolved and the mixture has
taken a slight syrupy texture, about 7-9 minutes. Be sure not to cook the
mixture too long, as the sugar will caramelize and eclipse the strawberry
flavor.

Remove mixture from heat. Skim and discard the foam that's accumulated on
the surface. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature and strain to
remove strawberry seeds. Discard the seeds.

To the cooled mixture, add the Moscato wine and stir to combine. Transfer
the mixture to a measuring cup with a lip (this will make the pouches easier
to fill). Open the ice pop pouches and carefully fill each pouch to the fill
line. Do not fill beyond the fill line, as the mixture will expand some as
it freezes. Seal and place in the freezer for 5-6 hours. Please note, due to
the alcohol content these pops will not freeze hard.

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can

hear and the blind can see."

~Mark Twain

Please support me in my journey to another opportunity of life at:

 <https://www.gofundme.com/sugars-transplant-journey>

Bless you, Sugar Lopez