[CnD] Question about cooking cabbage roll casserole in crockpot

pamelafairchild at comcast.net pamelafairchild at comcast.net
Sun Feb 11 19:04:07 EST 2018

You can do the bacon either way, that is, precook it and add it to the crockpot at the end, or put it in, or on top of your cabbage rolls in the pot. Either way it cooks and works, but it will be soft, like the bacon in baked beans if you add it raw or put it in the rolls. If you cook the bacon first then add it to the top just long enough to heat, the bacon will remain more crisp. It all depends how you like your bacon, and how you want the flavors to blend together. Obviously there will be more bacon flavor if the bacon is cooked into the cabbage.

Pamela Fairchild
<pamelafairchild at comcast.net>