[CnD] SnickerDoodle Bread?

sharon howerton shrnhow at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 14:48:26 EST 2018

Marilyn, to be completely honest, I believe it was you who posted this recipe originally, but I will write out the recipe. I do not have non-stick aluminum foil—in fact, I didn’t know there was such! I can see where aluminum foil would be better as a liner; parchment paper seemed too bulky and not easy to line a 9x5 loaf pan. Recipe follows:

Snickerdoodle bread
2-1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter softened
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
1 pkg Hershey’s cinnamon chips (purchased from Amazon)
2 tbsp flour
Topping—2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
In small bowl combine topping ingredients and set aside.
Cream butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon until blended, about 2 minutes. (I use a Kitchen Aid stand mixer.) Add eggs one at a time.
Add sour cream and vanilla extract.
Add flour and baking powder.
Coat cinnamon chips with 2 tbsp flour and add to batter.
Prepare two 9x5 loaf pans with Pam baking spray and/or butter. Spoon batter into loaf pans; fill about 2/3 full. Sprinkle topping on each loaf.
Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. (This was difficult to do; batter when baked tends to be soft—from Sharon based on my having made this recipe three times.)
As I have noted previously, the first time though the loaves stuck a little, it was not bad. The second and third times they stuck very badly and the bread fell apart. The third time I eliminated the cinnamon chips which did not solve the problem, and they add considerably to the recipe.
I have sent the recipe to my baking friend Nancy who will most likely try it and give me a full report.
Sharon

Sent from my iPhone