[CnD] Easy Chicken Parmesan Patties
mama-gail at mysero.net
Sat Apr 21 01:40:41 EDT 2018
This is going to be excellent on one of our date nights.
My husband will love them with bacon crumbled on top.
from: The Big Man's World
Easy Chicken Parmesan Patties
Chicken from a can gets a bad wrap- but this can be converted into a
paleo, delicious and grain and gluten free dish!
• 1 can of chicken in spring water or 200 grams of cooked shredded
• 1/2 zucchini, finely grated with liquid squeezed out
• 1/2 cup baby spinach, finely chopped
• 1/8-1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
• 1 large egg
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp onion powder
• 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
• 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the shredded chicken breast, grated
zucchini and baby spinach. Mix until well combined. Add the garlic
powder, onion powder, mixed herbs, red pepper flakes and shredded
parmesan cheese and mix until fully incorporated.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the egg until frothy. Add the egg to the
chicken mixture and mix in the batter.
3. Coat a frying pan with oil and heat on medium until hot. Form the
batter into five to six palm sized patties and 2 patties at a time,
cook in the frying pan.
4. Fry each patty for approximately 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for
another 2-3 minutes until golden on the exterior.
5. Serve with sriracha, hot sauce and a side of potatoes.
These patties are fantastic hot or cold- and can be made in advance and
refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen for up to two months
More information about the Cookinginthedark