[CnD] Silicon bakeware set

pamelafairchild at comcast.net pamelafairchild at comcast.net
Mon Jun 4 21:33:27 EDT 2018

Ann, That bake ware works very well in the microwave or oven. Just follow the instructions given and you will do fine with it. If you don't like it, you could give it away again, but I cannot imagine you would want to do that.
As long as you stay within the temperature guidelines they set, it holds its shape, and you don't need to grease it or anything. If getting it in or out of the oven is difficult for you, just set it on a cookie sheet, but this will probably not prove necessary. I do not have a full set, but have collected a few pieces over the years. One of my favorites is a steamer that I recently found in a local grocery store. I have used that both on the stove and in the microwave. It is a steamer unit with holes that you place inside another pot and place your vegetables on top and put water underneath.
Using it in the microwave, I put some water in the bottom of a serving size bowl, add the steamer, add the vegetables, put a plate on top for a lid, and it works very well. The rubberish material keeps the plate from sliding around.
I plan to purchase more of this bakeware since I don't have much and want more. As we speak, I have a muffin tin coming and some microwave baking mugs for the cupcakes recently discussed on this list.
More information than you wanted, but I am excited now that I have used the steamer and know how well it works. I was a skeptic at first. Then I got brave enough to give it a try and became a convert.

Pamela Fairchild
<pamelafairchild at comcast.net>