[CnD] CP Apple Butter

Sugar sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 18 17:29:43 EDT 2018

CP Apple Butter

makes approximately 10 cups

10-15 apples (14 large apples fit in my 6 quart crockpot)

1 tablespoon vanilla

2 teaspoons cinnamon

3/4 cup white sugar

(you can use splemda or stevia) to taste3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cloves

The Directions.

Use a 6-quart slow cooker.

Peel and quarter all the apples.

This is a great job for one of those cool apple thingies.
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=A.5xb1&m=3gZzH3yRTQPAkL_&b=1zsNfJPK_OUxl.F
daRxVSA>

Put all of the quartered apples into your crockpot.

Add 1 tablespoon of vanilla.

Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

When the cooking is done, mash the apples with a fork.

Stir in the sugar, cinnamon, and cloves.

Cover again and cook on low for 6 hours.

If you prefer your apple butter to be velvety-smooth, blend with an
immersion blender, or blend in small batches in a traditional blender.

I did not do this -- I'm ok with a few chunks here and there.

Take the lid off of your slow cooker and let the butter cool with the lid
off -- this will release excess moisture from the butter.

Store in an airtight container in the fridge; will freeze well.

This is a family favorite recipe. My mom has used it to make pear butter
from pears she grew.

Because pears are naturally so much sweeter than apples mom actually doesn't
add in ANY sugar!

"A day without a friend is like a pot without a drop of honey."

-Winnie the Pooh

Please support me in my journey to another opportunity of life at:

Hugs, Sugar