[CnD] Banana Split Icebox Cake Recipe - Pillsbury.com
m51pennington at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 08:26:17 EDT 2018
Banana Split Icebox Cake Recipe - Pillsbury.com
* Prep 25 min
* Total9 hr 20 min
* Servings, eight.
Stack crushed sugar cookies between layers of strawberry, chocolate and
vanilla whipped topping for an easy-to-make twist on everyones favorite!!!
1 roll, (16.5 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookies
2 containers, (8 oz each) Cool Whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2cup Hershey's chocolate-flavor syrup
1/2cup seedless strawberry jam
Banana slices, maraschino cherries, pineapple tidbits, chopped fresh
strawberries, chopped walnuts, additional Hersheys chocolate-flavor syrup,
· 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Bake cookies as directed on roll. Cool completely,
at least 20 minutes.
· 2. In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, place 8 cookies. Seal
bag; coarsely crush cookies with rolling pin. Store remaining cookies in
airtight container for another use.
· 3. In small bowl, place 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping; stir in 1/2
cup chocolate syrup until blended. In another small bowl, place 1 1/2 cups
whipped topping; stir in strawberry jam until blended.
· 4. In 9x5-inch loaf pan, place 2 long pieces of plastic wrap in cross
shape overhanging sides with enough to wrap cake. Spread 1 1/2 cups of the
plain whipped topping in bottom of loaf pan; top with 1/2 cup of the crushed
cookies. Drop chocolate whipped topping by spoonfuls over cookie layer;
spread evenly over top. Sprinkle 1/2 cup crushed cookies over layer. Drop
strawberry whipped topping by spoonfuls over cookie layer; spread evenly
over top. Sprinkle 1/2 cup crushed cookies over layer. Spread layer of the
remaining plain whipped topping and crushed cookies over top. Wrap
overhanging plastic wrap to cover top of pan. Freeze loaf at least 8 hours
or overnight until firm.
· 5. To serve, uncover pan. Place serving plate upside down over top of
pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan; remove plastic wrap. Top with
Toppings. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes. Using serrated knife, cut
into slices. Cover and freeze any remaining dessert.
* For a different berry flavor, replace strawberry jam with raspberry
* Make sure to drain and pat dry maraschino cherries and pineapple
tidbits when topping cake so there is no excess liquid.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 4 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0
Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 4 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Trademarks referred to herein are the properties of their respective
© 2018 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved
More information about the Cookinginthedark