[CnD] reducing during cooking

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Wed Jul 25 13:03:37 EDT 2018

Having thought about this a bit more it may be useful to substitute bread
for cardboard as the testing medium.  Also measuring the height of liquid
on cooking containers before and after reduction and testing with bread
dipping the end of bread into the container down to the reduction level
that being where the liquid should be when reduced and removing it and
feeling the end of the bread for wetness ought to help.  You do
understand, in all of the adjustment to blindness cooking classes I have
had this technique was never covered.  So if we have any teachers in those
classes on this list it will be helpful if you run tests and either prove
the technique or disprove the technique and update this list with your
results.