[CnD] Clean out Your Pantry CP Fried Rice

Sugar sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 20 16:39:26 EDT 2018

Clean out Your Pantry CP Fried Rice

Hello there, Slow Cookerers!!

One of the (awesome) side effects of using your slow cooker a lot is the
leftovers.

Sometimes there just isn't enough of any one dish to feed the entire family
again.

I really like whipping together fried rice on the weekends.

It's pure comfort food, and since I throw it all in the crockpot, there's no
need to be home at 5 or 6 pm on a busy Saturday to get dinner ready.

The best part is that when I KNOW dinner is already cooked, we save a lot of
money by not eating out while out and about running errands.

The Ingredients:

serves 4-6

2 cups leftover rice/quinoa (brown rice, etc. totally fine to use)

3 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons soy sauce (LaChoy is gluten free)

2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce (Lea Perrins in US is gluten free)

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/8 tsp iodized)

1/2 diced yellow onion

1 cup of whatever frozen or fresh vegetables you have on hand. (I had a bit
of asparagus, some carrots and peas)

2 cups or so leftover meat, diced

1 egg

sesame seeds for garnish (optional)

The Directions.

Plop everything on in there together.

Mix it around, and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 3-4. You are
only heating everything up and cooking the egg.

Serve in a bowl with a drizzle of soy sauce and eat it on the couch In your
slippers.!

Life is good!

enjoy!!

Happy slow cooking!!

Thank you!!

Stephanie O'Dea

1534 Plaza Lane #256, Burlingame California, 94010-3204

"A day without a friend is like a pot without a drop of honey."

-Winnie the Pooh

Please support me in my journey to another opportunity of life at:

Hugs, Sugar